Monday, April 30, 2007

Super Duper Scavenger Hunt Plan

Mr. Bennet sets the plan in motion....

This is big! This is important! As Jon said, we've kicked it up a notch. I wasn't aware we still used notches, seems a little outdated.

"Teacups!" I yelled. Nobody turned. "Henchy and the Pussycats!" Henchman and Synth-Lin turned around excitedly. "You other people! Team-O Supremo?"

Finally, I had everyone's attention. "So, we're going on a scavenger hunt," I began. "Any great strategic ideas?"

Nathan Petrelli spoke up, "I was thinking I'd let my volunteers handle this."

"What are you, a spy?" Synth-Lin asked. She stared at him hard.

He shot her his patented Nathan Petrelli smile. After what seemed like a whole minute, he finally said, "You know, I've never been with a synthetic woman before, a cripple yes, but synthetic no."

"Yeah, well there's a bald cripple waiting for you on your side of the barracks, so get out of here!" she replied.

Nathan left smiling.

"Okay, so now can we strategize?" I asked.

"Aren't you afraid of the Professor reading our thoughts?" Kon-El asked.

I explained, "Telepathy is overrated. I used to have a friend that could prove it, but he shot me and ran away with my daughter."

A few jaws dropped. People looked confused. If there's anything 15 years in the paper business has taught me, it's how to read people. And these people were confused.

"It's a long story, but that doesn't matter. We need a plan!" I stood up, and dramatically walked around the room. "A plan to end all plans!"

"Whoa, are you saying we blow something up?" Gyrobo asked.

"Well, maybe. But perhaps we could just split the items between us? Or pair off and each pair take two items?"

Oneida quickly spoke up. "As long as I'm not with that freaky Lohan chick."

"I'm already taken," Synth-Lin responded. She looked over at Henchman. "Right, Henchy?"

I could tell Henchman was put on the spot with that question, so I stepped in to rescue him from any damaging comment I'm sure was on his mind. "How about this? Synthy and Henchy, Kon-El and Gyrobo, and that leaves...."

Oneida looked upset, but then smiled and asked, "Are you going to do most the scavenging?"

"I suppose."

"So I can relax and soak in the hot tub?"

"Maybe."

"Okay!"

Well, everyone looked contented. Perhaps we have a plan? Who knows....we can only wait and see how it unfurls. Now we need to choose items....who wants what?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought my idea of everyone doing one of the hunts each would be better. Henchy is a little uncomfortable right now.

I don't know why?

I think he's a bit awkward cause he and Koma are so tight. And I don't think his rep could take having Koma's ex.

Oh well I'm doing the Deadly Waterslide o’ Fun. Its got fun in the title so it can't be bad.

Love you all.

Lin.

Mr. Bennet said...

My thinking was that a "team effort" would be difficult to organize, but a pair could go well and provide for some interesting writing.

I guess we can decide to do 'em together or seperate. You should see what Henchman wants to do, maybe you and he can tackle the Waterslide and something else together.

But Oneida and I have #1 and #2!

Kon-El said...

I got one . Now let's see what Gyrobo wants to get.

Gyrobo said...

I can totally bogart those dentures.

Number three all the way!

Mr. Bennet said...

Kon-El, I'm already half way to number one!

Professor Xavier said...

How come we don't get a hot tub? I'm going to have to do something about that.

Anonymous said...

We don't get a hot tub since no one on our team is in the Air Force. They know how to build things like that.

~ Lana

Congressman Nathan Petrelli said...

If your idea of a hot tub is someone farting in a swimming pool, I'll pass.

Simon said...

If you're the leader of this poor team then you might as well conceed now. Your planning obviously needs a lot to be desired.